Complaints and Compensation
Sometimes there comes a stage when you want to complain but don’t know the procedure. How and when can you make a complaint? How and when can you get compensation? Let’s go to this section and clarify all your doubts.
The National Commission for Women was set up as a statutory body in January 1992 under the National Commission for Women Act, 1990 ( Act No. 20 of 1990 of Govt.of India ) to :
- review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards for women ;
- recommend remedial legislative measures ;
- facilitate redressal of grievances and
- advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women.
To file a complaint CLICK HERE
(File a complaint on this link by registering and filling all your details, upload necessary documents.)
Mail on this - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact number +91-11-26944880 +91-11-26944883
The NHRC is a recommendatory quasi-judicial autonomous body, having powers of a civil court. It can call for any documents and summon any person in the case of human rights violations. Its recommendations in the case of human rights violation are twofold: relief to the victim and punishment to the guilty.
The denial or impediments, whether in the public/private sector, in the realization of constitutional rights to life, liberty, equality, dignity, and the issues related to the benefits of Government welfare schemes and policies become matters of human rights violations for which the NHRC can be approached for remedy.
To file a complaint Click Here
After registration on the above URL.
Fill all the details and keep on check for status.
Verify your email address, phone number, and upload the suitable documents.
Toll-free number 14433.
This Sexual Harassment electronic Box (SHe-Box) is an effort of Govt. of India to provide single window access to every woman, irrespective of her work status, whether working in the organized or unorganized, private, or public sector, to facilitate the registration of complaint related to sexual harassment.
To file a complaint - CLICK HERE
- Click on the ‘Register Your Complaint’ tab.
- Select the type of employment: Central Government, State Government or Private Employee
- Fill all the fields of the registration, form, and press the ‘submit’ button.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your email address provided in the registration form.
- Click on the link "Confirm my email" and "create my account" provided in the confirmation email, to generate a password.
- To view the status of the complaint login by submitting your email id and password so generated.
- The SLSA/DLSA may order for immediate relief to the victim or medical benefits to be made available free of cost, in order to alleviate the sufferings of victim.
- On receiving the application the SLSA/DLSA shall grant compensation of 5000-10,000 immediately.
- Interim relief so granted shall not be less than 25 percent of the maximum compensation to be awarded to them in totality.
- A woman victim or her dependent(s) including husband/father/mother/grandparents/ unmarried daughter /minor children of the victim.
- Woman Victim/ survivor of other crime’- a woman who has suffered physical/mental injury as a result of any offence, including Sections 304B/326A/498A IPC.
Particulars of loss or injury
Loss of life
Unnatural Sexual Assault
Loss of limb or any part of the body leading to 80% permanent disability.
Loss of any limb or part of the body resulting in 40% and below 80% permanent disability
Loss of any limb or part of the body resulting in above 20% and below 40% permanent disability
Loss of any limb or part of the body resulting in below 20% permanent disability
Grievous physical injury or any mental injury requiring rehabilitation
Loss of Foetus i.e. Miscarriage as a result of Assault or loss of fertility.
In case of pregnancy on account of rape.
Victims of burning:
Disfigurement of the face:
Injury more than 50%
Injury less than 50%
Injury less than 20%
|Victim of Acid Attack|
|(a)||Disfigurement of the face||7 lakh||8 lakh|
injury of more than 50%.
|5 lakh||8 lakh|
injury of less than 50%.
|3 lakh||5 lakh|
|(d)||injury of less than 20%||3 lakh||4 lakh|